At Local Adelaide Plumbers, we are more than up to the task when it comes to clearing blocked drains. However, to avoid it coming to that, here are a few useful tips that you can use around your home to prevent your drains getting unnecessarily clogged;
- Use your intuition: Frequently inspect kitchen and bathroom drains for debris, and run water through drains to ensure that they are draining at the rate that they should be.
- Regularly pour hot water and or disinfectant down your drains; this can dislodge accumulated debris before it becomes a detriment if done regularly
- Avoid flushing that which should not be flushed where avoidable – things like napkins, plastic, and solid matter in general
- Check your guttering every few months, and clear accumulated debris where required to avoid blocked gutters and downpipes
- Check outside drains for garden waste, lawn clippings etc
- Use drain cleaner for resilient blockages, but seek advice on which particular type to use beforehand
So just a few small processes, if carried out regularly, can help you minimise expense and time in the long run! However sometimes, blockages are inevitable, and for then, Local Adelaide Plumbers can sort out all of your blocked drain needs in the Adelaide locality!